Lifesong for Orphans is a great organization whose purpose is “to bring joy and purpose to orphans.” They seek to accomplish this by “mobilizing the church, His Body, where each member can provide a unique and special service: some to adopt, some to care, some to give.” While I’d like to claim that our church, “Lifesong Community,” started Lifesong for Orphans (L4O), unfortunately I cannot. The name overlap is coincidental or more likely “providential.” A few months ago, I became an official Lifesong for Orphans “blogger.” This sounds bigger than it really is. It simply means I occasionally pass along some L4O orphan care testimonies and/or opportunities through my personal blog. So all that is to say, here’s my first opportunity. It’s a pretty cool video testimony and a free give away opportunity related to Orphan Sunday.
“Simply giving this person money is treating the symptoms rather than the underlying disease and will enable him to continue with his lack of self-discipline… a better solution would be to develop a relationship that says, we are here to walk with you and to help you use your gifts and abilities to avoid being in this situation in the future‘” (An excerpt from the book, When Helping Hurts)
Lifesong is serving the people of Zambia… the orphaned, the at-risk, and the poor… by utilizing the land that is, like the people, so full of potential. Lifesong farms-Zambia reaped its first strawberry harvest in June, and local grocers have been purchasing the berries. With additional acres to farm, we are hoping to process some of the berries and begin marketing Lifesong Farms Strawberry Jam.
By harvesting fruit, we are able to serve more orphans by providing the gift of a job at Lifesong’s gardens and self worth to an orphan’s caregiver. We are also able to provide future employment for our kids as they transition into adult living, develop a system to raise funds to help cover operational costs, and develop expertise that can be replicated in multiple countries where Lifesong serves. Most of all, we are seeking to glorify Jesus as we teach others how He walked.
1st PRIZE: Lifesong is giving away a 1-night hotel stay for the LIVE ORPHAN SUNDAY event in Kansas City!!! Let me just tell you, this event will be FABULOUS!!!
2nd PRIZE: Lifesong is giving away FREE Gobena Coffee for 1 year – 2 lbs per month shipped straight to your home.
HOW do you enter? Well, I’m glad you asked! There are several ways to enter. PLEASE LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT ON THIS LIFESONG POSTING FOR EACH ENTRY, including your email address so Lifesong is able to contact you!!!
1. Share how the Lord is working in and through your adoption/orphan care ministry (1 entry)
2. Re-post this Zambia blog posting on YOUR blog to share what the Lord has been doing at Lifesong Zambia (1 entry)
3. Tell about an Orphan Sunday event you had or attended in the past (1 entry)
4. Tell your plans for THIS YEAR’s Orphan Sunday on Nov. 6th (1 entry)
5. Re-post this on your facebook wall (1 entry)
6. Re-post this on your twitter page (1 entry)
7. Post on YOUR blogs, facebook, or twitter and tell Lifesong that I sent you (1 entry)
8. Tell what you think about the ‘Brush to Berries’ video – what moved you, what stood out to you, what are you excited about? (1 entry)
9. Become a fan of Lifesong on facebook here
10. Send an email to info AT lifesongfororphans DOT org asking to receive our monthly updates (1 entry)
***Giveaway starts immediately and ends at midnight on Monday, October 3rd.