International Nepal Fellowship (INF) is an amazing Christian organization that seeks to serve the physical and spiritual needs of Nepal. Three weeks ago, I had the privilege of serving their staff for five days in Pokhara at their annual conference. Sonia and I were utterly inspired by the lives and testimonies of those who have committed themselves to serving our Lord there. We returned home with hearts full of hope because of the work that the Spirit is doing in and through each of them. Here is a little more about the organization as a whole:
INF’s vision is:
Nepali people in Nepal and beyond experiencing fullness of life in Jesus Christ, and serving with others to promote health, peace, justice and harmony with God and his world.
INF’s mission is:
Live out the good news of Jesus Christ in word and deed by serving Nepali people through promoting health, fighting poverty and social injustice, working with and encouraging churches, and caring for creation.
What INF does:
- hospital and rehabilitation services for people with disabilities
- health and development programmes with marginalized communities
- medical camps
- assistance for organisations working for people with disabilities
- HIV / AIDS education, testing, counselling and care
- work among displaced people
- TB and leprosy clinics
- Second personnel into government institutions and other organizations to provide health services training.
- Encourage Nepali churches, and work among the Nepali diaspora.
So what does all this look like in real life? Below is just one testimony of how their work is impacting real people for the sake of His glory. To find out more about INF or to donate to their work, check out this link.